Web & Video Conferencing Solutions
Video conferencing tools allow you to use your standard webcam and broadband Internet connection to have multi-party videoconferences. Once reserved only to high-end and very costly proprietary hardware systems, videoconferencing tools and services have grown in number and they now offer better quality sound and video than ever before.
Video conferencing tools often integrate some complementary features beyond video, audio/VoIP and text chat, such as a file transfer facility or an audio/ video recording feature.
In all cases their setup is extremely simple and can be completed in a matter of a few clicks. The quality of the video when using these tools can vary a great deal, but it generally is most influenced by two factors:
1) the quality of your webcam
2) the speed /bandwidth of your Internet connection.
To easily select which video conferencing tools would best match your specific needs, I have prepared a simple table, comparing their different key features:
- Streaming feeds number: Shows how many cameras can stream simultaneously
- Text-chat: Integrates a text-chat feature for you to send written messages to other participants
- File transfer: Allows you to send files to other people in the meeting
- Session Recording: Lets you record all of the video feeds and audios
- Web-based: Determines whether you need to download a software client in order to use the service
Finally there are video conferencing tools (where you can video call three or more people) from simple video calling tools where you can video conference with only one person at a time.